Saturday, February 20, 2010

Immortality Pill.

During our usual lunch conversation, we came across a topic in which we were talking whether the medical science is in the right direction. I was in the position that even if it is in the right direction it is not in the right interests. My friend asked me what if the medical science can discover an immortality pill which can keep us physically alive eternally. The topic shifted direction when I told him that it is possible to be alive for a long time using some yogic methods - with total control of prana. And then I told him that there are yogis who live for more than 200 years in Himalayas and the right approach for the medial science to understand immortality is not through fragmentary and divisive studies but through a unified understanding of what consciousness means.

On retrospect, I think that we don't need to go too far on the idea of immortality and the magic pill the medical field can possibly discover. Even if the medical community discovers a pill that could make us immortal, how does it help from the social conditioning that we find ourselves today? I can still shoot a person at will, can't I?

No comments: